Your skin goes through a lot of stress and damage during the day from exposure to the sun, wind, pollution, and other environmental factors. That’s why it’s essential to give your skin the proper care and attention it deserves at night. One way to do this is by using a night cream.
A night cream is a specially formulated product designed to be used at bedtime to provide extra hydration and nourishment to your skin while you sleep. It is a crucial step in your daily skincare routine that can help you achieve healthy and radiant skin.
Here are some of the benefits of using a night cream:
- Deep Hydration: Night creams are usually thicker and more nourishing than day creams. They contain ingredients that help to hydrate your skin and lock in moisture, so you wake up with soft and supple skin.
- Repair and Regeneration: While you sleep, your skin goes into repair mode. The right night cream can help to boost the skin’s natural healing process, leaving you with healthier and more youthful-looking skin.
- Anti-Ageing: Night creams are often formulated with anti-ageing ingredients that work to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and improve skin texture and tone. Some popular ingredients include retinol, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid.
- Better Absorption: The skin’s ability to absorb skincare products is heightened at night, so using a night cream can help your skin to better absorb the ingredients and maximize the benefits.
- Customised Care: Night creams come in a variety of formulas, each tailored to different skin types and concerns. Whether you have dry skin, oily skin, or are concerned about fine lines and wrinkles, you can find a night cream that works for you.
Here are some of the Annique night creams we can recommend for your skin type.
In conclusion, using a night cream is a simple and effective way to give your skin the extra care and attention it deserves. By incorporating it into your daily skincare routine, you can improve the health and appearance of your skin, leaving you with a glowing complexion. So, be sure to invest in a high-quality night cream and give your skin the love it needs at night.
A growing preference for natural products free from chemicals, along with a concern for the environment is driving the demand for herbal beauty products. This means Annique, and its key ingredient Rooibos, is perfectly placed to suit your needs.
The high concentration of polyphenolic compounds (micronutrients) in Rooibos tea is what makes it so sought-after as a health and beauty enhancer. Polyphenols act as antioxidants that protect the body against inflammation. It neutralises harmful free radicals that would otherwise damage cells and cause premature ageing. Drinking Rooibos tea should form part of your daily beauty routine to ensure healthy and hydrated skin.
It also contains an abundance of the enzyme superoxide dismutase, which is an effective anti-ageing substance. As such. Rooibos reduces wrinkles and boosts the production of healthy skin cells.
The high flavonoid levels in Rooibos also help to improve skin disorders like eczema. It’s natural anti-inflammatory properties will help soothe and relieve inflamed skin. Rooibos teabags can be directly applied onto the affected skin for a few minutes. Bathing regularly or rinsing inflamed areas with the tea will provide a healing effect. Or, add rooibos in a spray bottle and apply throughout the day or when discomfort is experienced.
Inflammation is a major cause of acne and when your skin is damaged, it’s more vulnerable to bacteria which can aggravate acne. In addition to the tea’s anti-inflammatory response, it also contains antibacterial properties that will help fight acne. Drink it regularly and/or use it as a face rinse instead of water.
The polyphenols or antioxidants in Rooibos tea also strengthens hair follicles and promotes shiny and soft hair. Rinse your hair at least once a week with a strong brew of cooled down Rooibos tea for glowing locks. This is also good for treating a dry, itchy, or irritated scalp. Tired and sensitive eyes can also be treated with lukewarm Rooibos. Place tea bags on eyelids or rinse the eyes gently with the tea. Rooibos is also hypoallergenic and is therefore ideal for people with sensitive skin.
(Source: SA Rooibos Council)
Combination skin occurs when two or more different skin types are prevalent on the face at the same time. Combination skin can at times be dry in some areas – usually on the cheeks, and oily in other: on the T-zone – over the nose, forehead, and chin. The T-zone can differ substantially from person to person – from a very slim zone to a wide extended area.
The oilier parts of combination skin are caused by an over-production of sebum or oil, while the drier parts of combination skin are caused by a lack of sebum and a corresponding lipid deficiency. Numerous people have this skin type and it can be challenging to care for optimally, as the cheeks need moisture while the nose, forehead and chin needs the oiliness to be regulated.
Add to that seasonal influences on the skin’s condition, and one soon has many skin challenges to address simultaneously. The oilier parts of combination skin are caused by an overproduction of sebum or oil. The drier parts of combination skin are caused by a lack of sebum and a corresponding lipid deficiency.
Few people are blessed with a normal skin type. The characteristics of this skin type are:
- Not too dry and not too oily
- No or few imperfections
- No severe sensitivity
- Barely visible pores
- A radiant complexion
View the Hydrafine range PDF information below.
Why Rooibos Hydrafine for Normal to Combination skin?
- The perfect moisturiser for in-between seasons
- Packed with Antioxidants
- Soothing to the skin
- Maintains skin hydration
- The Hydrafine moisturiser is a cooling gentle moisturiser